Mitral Valve Repair/Replacement Workshop
April 20-21, 2023
The Mitral Valve Repair and Replacement Workshop will provide a hands-on opportunity for surgeons to be trained in both mitral valve repair and mitral valve replacement. The mitral valve repair portion will feature the Chord-X® Mitral Chordal Replacement Products and will include a didactic presentation, a live case observation with an experienced surgeon performing a mitral valve repair with chordal replacement, as well as a mentored wet lab to provide hands-on training of the Chord-X Pre-Measured Loops and the Chord-X Chordal Sizer. The mitral valve replacement portion will feature the On-X Mitral Heart Valve and will include a didactic presentation and a mentored wet lab to provide hands-on training on implantation techniques using the On-X Mitral Heart Valve.
Program in Brief
April 20th – 6:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Dinner and didactic session
April 21st – 7:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Live case observation of mitral valve repair using Chord-X adjustable suture
- Discussion on Minimally Invasive technique
- Discussion on mitral valve repair and wet lab using Chord-X mitral chordal replacement using pre-measured loops
- Discussion on mitral valve replacement and wet lab using On-X mitral heart valve
Key Learning Outcomes
- Understanding clinical outcomes with Chord-X Mitral Chordal Replacement
- Patient selection and proper implant of Chord-X Pre-Measured Loops
- Appropriate implantation technique for On-X Mitral Heart Valve
This program is designed for practicing cardiac surgeons who perform mitral valve repair and replacements and desire to learn more about using the Chord-X Mitral Chordal Replacement technology and the On-X Mitral Heart Valve.
Mario Castillo-Sang, MD
St. Elizabeth Healthcare
Rochus Voeller, MD
University of Minnesota