Aortic Root Surgery Training Workshop
Upcoming Dates & Locations
The Aortic Root Surgery Training Workshop provides didactic and hands-on training in all aspects of aortic root surgery. Surgeons will be trained by expert faculty from The Heart Hospital Baylor Plano that will help facilitate the development of the cognitive and technical skill-sets required for the competent performance of aortic root procedures. This program will include both didactic as well as an immersive experience in a mentored simulation environment involving the full range of reconstructive aortic root surgical procedures.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Aortic root setup
- Aortic root enlargement technique
- Key success for valve implantation with a mechanical valve
- Aortic valve repair/sparing techniques
- Appropriate trimming of an aortic allograft
- Coronary artery button development and implantation
- Suturing management
- Endocarditis/Abscess repair demonstration
This program is designed for practicing cardiac surgeons and fellows that have experience or have the desire to gain experience with the aortic root to facilitate the development of the cognitive and technical skill-set required for competent performance of aortic root procedures.